Friday, July 17

Jinx

I am going to jinx myself by saying this..but I am kinda on a roll here...is it 3 days in a row. Next post...October...haha.

So the weekend is upon us. It's FRIDAY...everybody holla.... (wow..I should really find something more age appopriate).

This morning, I had to get up and go into work to pick up my computer, which was getting an update that kept failing on me, and then come back home so I could work from home. I know, it seems silly, I mean, I was there so I should have just stayed, but that would have meant showering and ironing clothes..and let me tell you I am NOT fan of ironing. I'd have to give ironing the Facebook thumbs down (if there was such a thing). When I got home Paul had made cinnamon rolls - they were the generic ones from Aldi..but he best cinnamon rolls I've ever had!

Seriously...my mouth is watering just looking at the picture...

I love working at home. I love being able to not wear shoes. I love being able to get up and go to the bathroom without having to go through 3 doors and swipe my id badge. I love being able to pick up my knitting and knit a row if I get frustrated. And I LOVE the commute - well you really can't count today because I did commute..just all at once..and before work. Some things are the same though. I still attend meetings. I still do a lot of work. And I still eat lunch at my desk. Only at home, I have company.


Yeah..it's all about the company...

So it's Friday..in case you didn't realize that already because I believe I've mentioned it aleady...and that means that for the next 2 days, I don't really have much planned. I think I am going to work on my knitting mostly this weekend. I had been on kind of a knitting hiatus over the move and then while I was getting settled...but I think I am back to being able to sit and enjoy it. I am working on a sweater..which when Carol saw it, said to me, "how come they make things so complicated? When I used to knit you made a front, back and two sleeves and sewed it together." She may be on to something, but these days, the patterns are all "fancy"...but if I could find one like she's talking about, I'd be all for it! Anyway..my knitting...

So I realize this looks like something you could put on a toilet seat...the hole would need to be bigger though...but it's a sweater...or the start of one. Or if things go horribly wrong..maybe a toilet seat cover...it's good to have a fall back plan...


Now that it's folded over you can see...its going to be a cardigan..and that opening is the neck. Anyway...that's all I've done so far..and I will keep you updated on my progress. This is edge of your seat type stuff..I know...

So that's really it for now...it's what's been going on.. Have a nice weekend...and I'll see you in October.

PS..still haven't tried Magic Hat yet. I did finish some wine though.

No comments: