Wednesday, July 8

the 3rd of July

This year, since were in the city, Carol, Willie & Lacy came down to spend the night. When they got in on Thursday night, we treated them to wine and cheese :)

On the 3rd, we did some walking along the lake - it was a beautiful day and everyone was out early trying to get their prime spot for the fireworks. It is funny how people drag their grills out there and they stake out their "area". I really can't think that I'd ever, ever do that...

Here we are...walking along the lake..

Here's Carol, Willie, Lacy, and Paul. Izzie and I were the photographers in the back!


Here's one of those areas I was talking about...crazy I tell you...

We actaully walked for 2 1/2 hours..with the dogs. Needless to say, they were EXHAUSTED...and so were the humans. The dogs laid down immediately to take a nap...the humans though a beer sounded better...I think maybe the dogs were smarter...



because after we'd had a few beers..and some cheese...we needed to take a nap :)

Ok..so finally...we got to the fireworks. Some of these are fuzzy..I've tried to exclude those.. We had a great view from our balcony.



And the Grand Finale



I guess that's it! Hope everyone had a great 4th.

No comments: