Monday, August 17

@ work

I am blogging at work. I normally don't do this, but then again, I normally am not still here at almost 5:30 and I need to waste some time until my 8pm conference call with someone in Singapore...who thought 9am was a good time for a meeting since it would be no inconvenience to him. Hell, he might just stop for coffee or something and be a little late. (I don't know that for sure, but it could happen, right?) And since we don't have a home phone, I'll just take the call here. It is giving me an excuse to break in my new gym shoes..and use that pesky gym membership I pay too much for to not use.

These are the shoes I got.

Let me also say that this was the most comprehensive shoe fitting I have ever experienced. Not only did they measure my foot sitting and standing, but they let me walk outside in each pair while they observed how they were moving. I got a lesson on banging my orthotics into the heal of the shoe as well as tying and proper shoe-tongue placement. (no, that doesn't mean licking my shoes). I feel like I made the most informed purchase possible. I don't know that I spent that much effort in picking out my last car! Anyway, I am very happy with them and I am going to try them out in just a little while.

Oh..so I am still here at work..till about 8:30 or 9..and I my biggest issue, besides being the only one here..which will be weird..is the fear that the lights are going to go off. I think they are on a motion detector so every so often I'll have to wave my arms around I guess. I hope there aren't video cameras..they might start turning off the lights to be funny....

UPDATE - I am at work on my call..and I smell really bad...good thing no one is here...and there isn't a smell feature on the phone...

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Fancy shoes, miss. Where'd you get em? I need a fitting like that. I always seem to pick the most uncomfortable shoes possible.