Tuesday, August 4

University Knitting

Late this afternoon, Paul had another interview at University of Chicago. Since it was at 5:30...and I don't like thinking of him going on the bus by himself (yes, I know he's an adult...and I know eventually he'll do this 5 days a week..and he's done it before...) I went with him - he said he'd enjoy the company. We did get there a little early, and so I waited with him, but then when the person who was interviewing him was on his way down to collect Paul, I decided to wander around. I figured it wouldn't be very good if Paul brought his wife to the interview. Anyway, I walked a few minutes, then found a Barnes and Noble and a Starbucks...where I proceeded to browse the books and not buy anything...but did decide to get an iced tea and a cupcake (for later). It was super nice out, and I'd brought my knitting with me, so I sat outside.

I've been working on this green sweater for quite some time...I was really intimidated by the pattern so when I got to that part, I just quit. I did find the courage to work through it..and funny thing..it wasn't that hard :)

What really was funny though, is that there are these little birds that were everywhere! One landed on the table I was sitting at, but before I could take it picture, it flew away. It must have been camera shy. I also had a few of them whiz right by my head, which, if you know me well, you know that I have a horrible fear of birds!!!




They don't look like much, but at one point there was a large group of them...and size doesn't really matter anyway, does it.

I also wanted to make sure to get a photo of where I was sitting...

I really like University of Chicago - its got amazing old buildings - which I am a huge fan of. I really hope it just becomes a huge fan of Paul!!

No comments: