Wednesday, June 4

ladies and...well ladies...gentlemen probably don't care

So..I've been doing lots of knitting..and have actually finished some thing's. Well..when I say I finished I use that term very loosely. By finished I mean I have completed the actual knitting. Finishing, and putting together, now lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Here are the updates - I'll add some additional pictures later:

Sarah's sweater - as you may recall, I started knitting this sweater back in January 2007 on my trip to Singapore. Well..it has been a long, long...long, long..I mean LONG drawn out project. I am happy to report (Sarah look away) that the knitting is done and as soon as I can figure out how to attach the collar with backstitching, I'll be done. Just a year late, but hey..that's the price for handmade, I suppose.

Gavin's sweater - OK..well this isn't going to be Gav's sweater anymore because unless he wants to wear a very tight fitting sweater..think spandex..then this isn't for him. I made a big push on this one on this years trip to Asia..and I am almost finished knitting. I realized I am not going to have enough navy..and so I am trying to find some. This has been on going even longer than Sarah's sweater.

My Shawl - I finished it! The worst part was the 1100 stitch cast on. I am shocked I got that right. Here is a picture - you know how I like to take my picture in the mirror...
Oh my god..this looks like something out of a scary book..but at least you can see how the back is.. I hope this doesn't cause anyone nightmares. (I'll try to smile next time)




And now I've started on a blanket...which Paul seems to think I was going to give to the dog..but 10 balls of yarn at 10 a piece...well I love the dog, but lets not be silly. This is just the corner.


And..last but not least, I will be knitting socks next week in Cabo. I needed something portable and small to take to the beach. Hopefully it won't get sandy...

No comments: