Sunday, June 26

The Wedding in Indiana

On the 10th of June, Sara and I drove down to Kokomo, Indiana to attend my cousin Tom's wedding. Let me start by saying there is no easy way to get to Kokomo and it can take anywhere from 4 hours (Sara and I) to 6 hours (the rest of my family). It had been a while since I had been on a road trip so we packed the cooler and hooked up the iPod and off we went. I always have a good time with Sara and I found out that we both love Kid Rock. How did I not already know that??? When we finally pulled into Kokomo after 11pm, we did manage to find a 24 hour Starbucks. Of course we both had to partake!!!

On Saturday, we managed to find this great place to get our toes done. So once that was taken care of (check) we went to Macy's in search of shoes and accessories. I have to say we both bought a lovely pair of shoes each (check check)! What would an outing be without new shoes I ask you?? I wore my new shoes to the wedding..but we'll get to that in a bit. At 12:00, Julie's House of Beauty opened for business. Between doing three people's eyebrows, 2 rounds of hair straightening and who knows what else I was talked into, I finally was able to get myself ready. I am very glad I am so low maintenance.

The wedding was nice and short...how I like them.

Then we were off to the reception. I have fond memories of the reception...or at least those I can remember. Sara and I were told several times that we had sexy shoes on. What do you think? We all looked so nice..and clean up quite well. We had several cocktails and danced, danced, danced. I don't know about everyone else, but for me, I'm not having a good time until I fall over...well, you guessed it, I fell..and took out Taylor's toe in the process. My mother likened it to the Wizard of Oz, when the house falls on the wicked witch and all you see are her feet. She said that is just what it looked like. Do you think she is trying to tell me something?
We took our customary self portraits...Sara's thumb was desperate to be in the picture.

In the end, it wasn't a total bust...I did manage to hook up with Elvis. Thank you..thank you very much...

On Sunday, we had planned to visit the grave of James Dean...but it was raining and how fun is walking around a cemetery in the rain. Instead we opted to drive straight home, but not before stopping at the Starbucks where Sara and I upped the attractiveness quotient by at least 200 percent!

No comments: