Saturday, June 25

New Books



I realized that I have read several more books since my last post.

The book I am reading right now is called Fever Pitch. You may recognize the title from the movie out not so long ago with Drew Berrymore and Jimmy Fallon. After reading the book I cannot see how one influenced the other, but isn't that typical. Anyway, I found this book really interesting. It is about Nick Hornby's love of English football...following it from youth through adult hood. He talks about his experiences at these football matches, which I find entertaining because I can relate! The average person, well just about everyone else, might not like it...but I did. Must be that family influence! I have Martin to thank for that.

I have also tried to read Cloud Atlas. I found this on the New York Times Notable Books of 2004 list. When I read the reveiw, it sounded good so of course I added it to my Amazon Wish List and purchased it. I tired to read it...really tried..and struggled through about 15 pages (which took an hour!). I don't know what it was but I couldn't read this! It is something about the language that is being used - I felt like I was reading Cold Mountain again! Here is the funny thing though. While I was walking to the train the other day, I saw some woman reading this..and she was just about done. I wanted to tap her on the shoulder and ask what her secret was for getting through this...but I didn't want her to think I was a freek.

More book reviews to come!!!

No comments: