Saturday, June 25

California Dreamin



During the first weekend of June, I went to visit Jill in California. I have been to California before, but never to the LA/Orange County area.
Friday - Friday we drove out to LA and went to the Grauman's Chinese Theater. We were there for about 10 minutes...Jill put her hands in Gene Kelly's and I let Jill take my picture standing upright. I think I was by hand prints of Marilyn Monroe and some other famous blonde actress - it said Men Prefer Blondes across both of them. Of course, I refused to bend down and have my picture taken!! We visitited the Starbucks. We also saw a few Stars on the Walk of Fame.

Then we went to Santa Monica and went shopping at Fred Segal. Of course we didn't' see any celebrities. But we did see a lot of spoiled people with WAY too much money. Jill and I refrained from buying some work totes that we didn't need for $250 each...and then we got some hand lotion from Sarah.

From there, we went to Venice and walked along the beach. I have to say one thing about Venice...there are many young people who seem to do nothing but beg for money to buy pot!! Signs that said "I need $4 to buy pot". Well, here is my feeling, get a job to buy your pot. Waste your money, yes...waste my money, no. I did manage to pick up a cute necklace and some books. I can always buy books!!

Saturday we had a day of pampering. We went and had tea at this nice little tea room recommended to us by Jill's mom. Then, we went for manicures and pedicures. We did some shopping and then we had dinner at one of those benihana-type places which was excellent! We topped the day off by seeing Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Quite a good movie, if I might add my 2 cents.

Sunday I was headed home...but not before a stop at the Starbucks!

No comments: