Thursday, September 17

Thoughts from the Avenue

So when I got to work this morning, I jotted down a few thoughts I'd had on my walk in. For those of you who don't realize, I have decided that I am no longer taking the bus. I go into the office 3 days a week and on those 3 days I can walk the 4 miles (round trip). It'll be good for me and is part of my September 16th, 2009 resolutions. This is the thing about walking...there's loads of time to think and reflect and get inspired...and make resolutions. Here are some of the thoughts...

So here we go.

1. I love dogs.
I think I may love dogs more than people. I never see a dog and think anything negative about them. I may think something negative about the owner - like the one who was letting his dog pee on the grass...when there was clearly a "No Dogs on Grass" sign. Actually the dog was peeing ON the sign..and I am 95% sure that dogs can't read..so it's his owners responsibility...so whether or not you agree with the No Dogs thing..well that's another conversation. Wait...where was I?...oh right...so dogs..they totally make me smile. I think I would have a whole heard of dogs if I could. Maybe this is because I personally have a totally cool dog.


I'd definitely need a yard though.with a fence...yeah...for sure.

2. I am going to get hit by a bicycle sooner or later
Those bikers are crazy and I think one of these days, I am going to step on inch to the right or left while I am walking..which isn't a stretch because I cannot walk in a straight line...and BAM!! I'm hit. And they'll have to call the ambulance which will be SO embarassing..and there will be people standing around...ugh..I wonder how many days till it really happens? Anyone want to take bets?

3. When walking, scenery helps.
It helps that I am not in a whole world of concrete buildings...but I am walking along the park and it's really pretty. I'll be happy when the colors start to change.

4. People are wearing coats already?
Yep..it's true. I am seeing people in coats and jackets already. If I had on a jacket..or even a long sleeve shirt..it would be stuck to me due to the massive amount of sweat I produce while moving. If I had a jacket on I would probably burst into flames right there on Michigan Avenue and the fire department would have to come. I just do not understand this. If you need a coat in September, when it's like 70 outside, please make an appointment to see a doctor....or a head shrinker..which ever...

So that's what I was thinking about this morning on the way to work. I wish I had pictures...mostly of the park..and not of me being hit by a bicycle..or kicking the ass of someone in a coat and scarf...

No comments: