Sunday, July 27

Polski Sunday

I am writing this post from the office in Warsaw. It's been a long journey which so far...knock on wood, has not been traumatic. (oh aside from the perfume..but I'll get to that).

My trip started out on a high note..glad to see the people of San Antonio who travel and visitors now get to have the best coffee in America.


Sadly, however, this is about the only Dunkin Donuts in San Antonio..and its past security..guess I'll have to travel more.

So..I flew to Chicago and had an early dinner and did some shopping with Sarah..which I appreciated very much. I was all set to have a good look at the duty free at O'Hare, when I discovered that the duty free in Terminal 5 at O'Hare SUCKS!!!! I have never seen such a poor excuse for duty free shopping in my life!!!

I boarded my flight to Poland...had to sit in economy...and the woman who is seated next to me decides to spray perfume. Who does that??? not just one squirt but multiple! I thought I was going to choke to death. She also, I think, stole my pillow and my eye mask! I popped an Ambien (thanks Sarah) and slept the entire flight. The flight attendant woke me up twice to see if I wanted to eat (I'm sleeping...leave me alone!). Shortest flight to Europe ever!

I checked in at the Marriott.


Look..the TV has my name on it!!! And it really is quite a nice room. Look at all the pillows on my king size bed...it really is very comfortable..might try to pack it in my suitcase...heehee..




I unpacked and took a short walk. The Marks and Spencer's is right across from my hotel..

Then it was nap time.

So here it is..the first day at the office, so far so good. I will have to post the picture of the Vodka display I took at the hotel this morning.

No comments: