Friday, January 26

Greetings from the Other Side

I have made it to Singapore and have adjusted to the time. The flight was not as bad as I thought it would be, I am pleased to admit. During the first flight, to Hong Kong, I was seated next to a very nice gentleman who introduced himself as Bob. I am guessing that was his "flying name". We were treated very nice in Business Class - I even received my "United" goodie bag.


This must be how the rich and famous travel!

For the first 15 hour flight, I managed to stay awake until we were past the 8 hour mark. I took several photos to keep myself entertained..

...we flew over the Arctic Ocean! and Siberia.







Here's how the Arctic Ocean looks, in case you've ever wondered. It is basically, from what I could tell, a big sheet of ice with cracks in it. You'll probably have to make the picture bigger to be able to see. Its not a perfect picture...but I wasn't getting out for a better shot!





I was also glad to see that I was going to be able to shop, Duty Free, on my way back!






After 15 hours of flying..a 2 hour layover in Hong Kong, a migraine, and having my bags hand searched by Communists, I made it to the hotel.


This will be home for the next 2 weeks.

Of course, this goes without saying, that after all of the travel...I couldn't sleep!!!

No comments: