Tuesday, February 12

Day at the Rodeo

Saturday was Paul's birthday...it was also the day that we went to the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo.
The day was absolutly beautiful. It was sunny and 80, definately "do something outside" weather! We left after breakfast, and Paul insisted we take his truck. What's funny about this is he almost never drives his truck when we go anywhere...gives me the "my truck uses too much gas" excuse. I really didn't think much of it until we go there and I noticed this...
Trucks...

More trucks


I guess it isn't cool to drive your Honda to the rodeo!

I've never been to a rodeo, so it was quite an experience. I especially liked the Steer Wresteling and the Mutton Races..where they had 4 year old kids hanging onto the backs of a sheep..wearing helmets...it was funny. I took a few pictures in the rodeo..but we weren't close so they aren't that good. I'll add them to a flickr badge on the left if you want to take a look.

I also got to pet the cow...

and saw the big cow...

and saw the Spam-mobile. Probably no cow in there..not sure WHAT's in there...yuck!

It was 80..so you know that the Texans need sweatshirts and long sleeves...heehee..I think that's so funny.

Of all the things we saw during the day..this one tickled me the most...the signs for the ladies room.

No comments: