Sunday, August 21

The Weekend

I am officially too old - this past weekend has proven that to me. There is no denying it...I must accept it and make it part of me. heehee.. On Friday, Sara and I decided to go up to Lake Geneva and see one of our favorite bands. You can visit them at www.thenadas.com

We made the 2 1/2 hour journey with the Friday Wisconsin crowd. The place they were playing we a real hole in the wall..but they had good bar food..and cheese curds...so could it be all that bad? I don't think so. We talked to the bartender about the fact that they had Welches Grape soda. Welches Grape?? What does that go with? We suggested Jamesons and Grape..or Jack and Grape...uck! After a few beers, and the clock turning 10:30 (!!!) the band went on. Three sets later, and after a nasty confrontation with a rude girl where Sara let me know she had my back, we took note of the time, 1:30, decided to start heading home - in a violent thunderstorm. Overall, an excellent night with an excellent band...and I never did have that Jack and Grape...gives a reason to return next time!

At 10:30 Saturday, I opened my weery eyes..and knew I had to face the day...which meant I needed breakfast...so that meant a trip to the IHOP. I always forget how loud it is in there. Once nourished, I headed home and went back to bed. Sometime in the mid afternoon, Carol asked me what I was doing...I said I was resting because I had to get up soon and get ready to go out again. How do the young people do it???

Saturday I went with Sarah to see a show at the Royal George Theater - Verbatim Verboten. This show revolves around conversations had by people. Some of these are famous, some are not...all are hysterical. Makes me think that someone should go through my emails and make a show out of them! Some of the silly, silly conversations I have. Anyway, so then we went for a drink and headed home.

Sunday....I was very unproductive. I think I deserved a day off!

No comments: